Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm back!

Hallelujah! My photo uploader is working again!! In honour of this momentous occasion, I am posting a few photos of one of my earlier projects. This project was inspired by a lovely chair at Winners which I saw but FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF! Gah. So, I remembered what it looked like but can't share the information. Anyhow, it was $198 and I thought 'I can make that...come on.'

I started with this delightful chair which has a story of its own. When my parents were on their HONEYMOON, they picked it up on the side of the road, brought it home and put new fabric on it. It's been in our house forever.



Posted by Picasa
I ripped the fabric off the seat to find this delightful scene. Hmmm.
One of the springs was all bent and not fixable so I ripped all the spring out and my dad cut me a piece of plywood to make the seat instead.



Posted by Picasa
Oh...but first I actually gave it two coats of paint and then distressed it a little bit to make it vintage-y and cute.

The fabric I used to recover was SO pretty. Blue and green (being my first and 3rd favourite colours :) with BUTTERFLIES (I love) and gold sparkly parts (but nice sparkles, not ugly tacky sparkles.)
The fabric was in the bolt-end basket at Satin Moon (a favourite of mine). And I had barely enough to do the whole chair, but the piece only cost $8! So the cost of my chair was $8 plus a free chair plus some extra stuffing to make it comfier and a few staples....but someone gave me those...so probably about $10 in total? Yay!!!

It looks so cute in my room, along with another recent project that I will document tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa
I'm glad to be back!

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute alright! And yeah, this chair has soft spot in my heart...the first of many roadside finds in my lifetime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair has new life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the finished product!! Very inspiring :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete