Friday, February 4, 2011

Searching for repurpose - giving clothing a second chance in life

Before



This dollar rack find was a loose, flowy shirt with beautiful colours. I was attracted to the blossomy pattern on the fabric, and the ribbon on the waist was super pretty. Really nice, just big.
After
Posted by Picasa





Step one was to detach the front of the bodice from the bottom, then pull them over and cross them over farther in front. Then I took in about an inch at each of the side seams.








And voila! It fits quite nicely. Not the best thing I've ever done, but I'm pleased with it.


























Posted by Picasa*Bonus* After going through my many attempts at self-portrait taking, I came across this one where the focus went funny on me and demonstrated how very dirty the full-length mirror was :) I did not realize. Perhaps I will give it a wipe-down before the next photo session. Kind of artistic looking in a way, actually...if it wasn't so gross looking...ah well...

p.s. I apologize that all that pictures are sideways...I didn't realize you couldn't rotate them after uploading. I'll know better next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment