Monday, February 7, 2011

Treats from the fabric box

fyi - sorting out your fabric boxes is hard...especially if you have five million scraps of this and that that you just can't get rid of. But it was decided that we had just too much and needed to release some of it. We ended up with one large box and one basket of small scraps to keep, and got rid of almost everything else.

However, the whole process was kinda fun, because I found all these lovely little bits and bites that I had forgotten about. Here is a small selection - I plan to do great things with these :)


You can't see how much fabric there really is in this one...it's the remains of a huge multi-tiered full-length skirt. The colour is beautiful and the fabric is super nice, but I was a little...ahem...rough on it. It was meant to be a nice, going-to-a-neighbours-garden party skirt, not really a cooking-stew-in-the-bush, hiding-from-the-russians kind of skirt. It kind of fell apart on me. But there's probably enough fabric to make about a dozen little girl skirts out of the bottom three tiers of fabric...that would be fun, as long as they just wear them to the garden parties.



I'm pretty sure this was a dollar rack find at some point. I loved the vibrant colour and it just whispered 'embellishments' in my ear. I see a pink silky some decoraton or another in my near future...hmmm...



I actually don't think this was from a thrift store...I'm pretty sure it was from Old Navy or something. I couldn't resist it. Now I guess I know why.

I mean, it's green...with ruffles ...wasn't that the description of perfect?

Anyways, I feel like I never really wore it because it didn't fit properly...maybe I'll give it another try.

Posted by Picasa

There were a few other sweet treats I didn't get pictures of, but I thought these had to be shared. I'll be back with the scrap-happy basket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment