Friday, March 25, 2011

Why I love to repurpose...

I love to repurpose. It's so much fun. I love the creativity it requires, and having something beautiful that I have made. But more than any of that, I love to repurpose because I think Jesus loves to repurpose.

He loves to find us right in the mess we're in. He loves to dig us out from the bottom of the pile. He loves to find us in all our ripped, torn, grease-stained glory.

Man, we were expensive.

His sacrifice puts my dollar rack purchases into perspective.

My point is, I wasn't worth much.
But he paid everything for my mess.

Because he saw something. A splash of colour. A beautiful piece of fabric just sewn into an awful shape.
He sees the potential. He has a trained eye. He knows what he can do with us.

He has to scrub our stains, sew up our holes, rip out our proud padded shoulders :)
He has to pull out his seam ripper and carefully pull apart those ugly spots where someone else put us together. He does it so much better.

He pulls us apart and shapes us differently. He hems us up a little, fixes up the sleeves, adds a few ruffles.
He gives us new life, new meaning, he repurposes us.

And then he looks at us with the same joy I look at my projects with and says "See how beautiful you were supposed to be?"

Just like it feeds my soul to create something beautiful, it delights His Father heart to keep working to perfect me.

I'm so grateful to Him.
And so, I continue my search for repurpose.







2 comments:

  1. I love your heart & creative mind- and I love your projects! And I love Papa God too- He's so good to us, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Emma. I loved your blog post; I love your perspective, your creativity and your love for the Lord. You have blessed me today.

    ReplyDelete